Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day Film Picks

You are not going to find any 'Fifty Shades of Grey' talk from me. Frankly, I don't care. Why? I'm just not a fan of bad storytelling. From what I gather - the book is cheesy and the movie looks terrible. Also, I am just not the S&M fantasy type. Nope. Nope. And nope. What do I like? Good ole fashion romance! Remember that?

I knew I was in love with Jon when the two of us as a couple began reminding me of my grandparents. Little moments of watching Late Night TV, going for Sunday drives, and walking down the street hand in hand. Just those simple moments of togetherness made our love feel as timeless as Stonehenge. No beginning and no end. Eternal.

As a storyteller, I love honesty. Raw, deep, awkward, authentic, passionate truth. Therefore, I will offer you my top picks for the best Valentine's Day film picks. Some are fun. Some are real. All are incredibly well done films to which I aspire. I tried to pick a few obvious ones and a few more obscure choices. Jon helped me craft the list - as I get his input on everything! Hope you enjoy!

1. Bonnie and Clyde



2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind



3. Brokeback Mountain



4. Valentine's Day



5. All the Real Girls



6. Lost in Translation



7. Harold and Maude



8. Badlands



9. Sabrina



10. Lars and the Real Girl



11. Grey Gardens (Mother/Daughter Love)



12. Moonrise Kingdom (Puppy Love)


13. Le quai des brumes (Port of Shadows)


14. Her


15. The Romantics


16. Modern Times


17. Manhattan


18. Punch Drunk Love


19. Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight


20. Only Lovers Left Alive


21. Moonstruck


________________________________________________________

NETFLIX Picks: Here's a list of wonderful V-Day episodes of some of our favorite shows. PS: I endorse 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, The Office, Arrested Development, Friends, Buffy, and That 70s Show. (I'm sorry How I Met Your Mother - you scorned me and I can never watch any episode of you again. This fact is very sad but it's all your fault.)


NETFLIX PICKS HERE

Happy Valentine's Day! 

Love, 
Robyn



No comments:

Post a Comment