Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Fall is in the Air!

Jonathan and I were featured in a segment for 11Alive News. In case you missed it, here is the link:

11Alive - Atlanta Filmmaker Documents Cancer Battle

Sharing your story is very difficult. I thank God we were able to share it with the news team at 11Alive. Jaye Watson and Steve Flood were more than capable of telling our story and they captured our love, need for support, hope, ambition, passions, and struggles perfectly. We thank them so much for designing the story with care, concern, and beauty.

Since it aired, we have been happily overwhelmed with support and love from family members, friends, and neighbors. Many in the lung cancer community have reached out to us to offer support and prayers, and foundations have offered help in navigating the future of treatment. For this, we are so very blessed and cannot put our immense gratitude into words. Thank you.

As I watch the story, it feels lightyears away from where we are right now. We have had a much welcomed break from doctor appointments and worrying about cancer. It never goes away, but it has gone from consuming my thoughts 24/7 (Times Square from an earlier post) to a tiny reminder that hits me halfway through the day and floats away when I look at Jon. He is feeling and looking great! I am busy with school projects and so much reading! We are enjoying the lovely fall weather and our annual Halloween movie marathon began Sunday night with The Silence of the Lambs. We are very happy and we will strive to continue to live this way until the next scans, and even when something comes up, I know we have many options and many more people to help see us through.

  

I'm feeling nostalgic with the weather and remembering my lovely grandparents who taught me so much about life and love. When I think of them or look at their photos, my heart swells up with pride and gratitude. So much of who I am is the essence of them and the values they instilled in me from an early age. I think of their love story and generations moving forward to usher in the next. Because they lived and loved, Jon and I are able to live and love. So on and so forth. When that sweet, beautiful fall wind brushes against my face, I think of them, and this is when I know there is more to life than simply what we see. 

Here is a photo Jon and I re-created here in Serenbe of their likeness. They had just gotten married and we were just weeks away from saying "I do." Our friends and talented photographers/videographers,  Jimmy Bost and Riyong Wang of Jimmy Wang Studios took the photo and helped us re-create the special moment. Thank you! 

I hope everyone has an amazing week! May we all keep those in need in our prayers. If you haven't already, please take the time to subscribe to my blog to keep updated! I finally figured out how to get that feature on the top right :)

Love, 
Robyn 



No comments:

Post a Comment