Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Many thanks, my script, and Savannah

I wanted to write a quick note to let everyone know how thankful we are for the prayers and love. They mean so very much to us. We got good results today and will continue to maintain these good results for as long as we can. A good check up is promising and provides hope for our future. 

Jon and I held hands tight as we left the hospital and we couldn't help but smile. However, those smiles quickly faded as we walked past other patients who were clearly struggling and in places not so happy. We must always remind ourselves how fortunate we are and count our blessings each and every day. Please pray for those who are suffering in this world. It's very easy to get lost in our own path - but the most important emotions we can feel on this earth are empathy and love for all God's creatures. 

Our ONE YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY is just days away! For all those who were there, or helped make it happen, thank you for sharing this special day with us! To be honest, I was the happiest bride ever, but I was also very, very scared. I didn't know if Jon would be here with me to celebrate this day. I feared he might not be. I seriously had nightmares of me eating that delicious top tier of the wedding cake by myself. He is here, feeling well, with a good check-up to boot, so as soon as this week is over, we will return to the loveliest city on earth. The one that brought us together. 





And just for fun, here's an excerpt from a script I'm currently writing. Harper is basically me (not my dog, despite the name!). Grace is Harper's dog. Check out this little clip I wrote 3 years ago. The overall idea and small scenes have been inside me for over 5 years now, but I am finally sitting down and writing it as a feature for class. I hope to share more soon and I would love for this to be the first feature film I direct.



INT. HARPER’S BED - LATER

Grace wakes up yelping from a bad dream. Lifting up in bed, Harper calms her down, petting her. 

HARPER
Shhh. It’s okay. Do you want 
me to tell you a story? 

Grace paws and wimpers. 

HARPER (CONT’D)
Ok, okay. Um. Once upon a time, 
in a land that was not too far from here, 
there was this old Indian woman. She was 
older than any creek and older than any spring. 
She was so old that she had these 
fingernails that curved and wrapped 
around, like this, you know? 

Grace looks up at Harper, as though to answer.

HARPER (CONT’D)
And one day, the old lady, she began to cry. 
A little Indian girl came up and asked, 
“Why are you crying so?” And the woman 
leaned in down real close and answered, 
“Because I know I have to leave.” The little girl 
asked, “Where are you going?” And the 
Indian woman broke off each one of her 
fingernails, SNAP, SNAP, SNAP, and handed them 
to the girl. And then she looked up, out 
over the land and pointed with bleeding 
fingers to the littlest patch of white 
light that rests just above the horizon 
and she said, “Right there.”

Harper’s phone buzzes with a text message. Harper ignores.

HARPER (CONT’D)
If something happens to you, then 
I’m going to go ahead and bury myself 
too. Is that okay? 

Love, 
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment