Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Curse



Good Morning,

Last night Jon and I went to a wonderful dinner with friends and I woke up this morning thinking about how important it is for creative people to get together and talk. Talk about their work, their goals, their hopes and fears, etc. Our souls were filled.

Because of that, I wanted to share one of my favorite videos set to one of my favorite artists, Josh Ritter. It truly is lovely. I am thinking of using puppets for my thesis film, so it gives me much inspiration. Shortly after Jon was diagnosed and in the midst of chemo, we had the opportunity to see Josh Ritter in concert at The Variety Playhouse. Magical doesn't even begin to describe the experience. It happened at precisely the right moment in our lives and was such a blessing. I'll never forget Jon holding me as Ritter played this, The Curse, one of my all time favorite songs.

This morning, my mind is also with others who are not doing so well. There are several in the lung cancer community who are going through really tough battles. I am praying they get the medicine they need and get through this. Please join me in prayer for them, and for all others battling disease, war, poverty, heartbreak or other struggles. Each day is truly a gift - whether you spend it traveling from one city to another or on your couch in your pajamas watching The Voice - there's beauty in that too :) Every moment is precious and we have to soak it up.

Have a peaceful and blessed Sunday!

Love,
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment